AEROTUNNEL is a wind tunnel facility located in Gorizia Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy; it is a vertical closed-circuit wind tunnel with two test sections.
Upper TS is 2,4×2,4 m wide and 6 m long with max speed 150 km/h
Lower TS is 7,0×2,4 m wide and 10 m long with max speed 50 km/h.
AEROTUNNEL is equipped with sensors like hot wire anemometers, pressure probes and pitot tubes to measure airspeed in different locations at the same time.
Both TS are equipped with internally designed and manufactured six DOF force balances based on internally design and manufactured force transducers.
Smoke generator is also available, as well as Bruel & Kjiear Phonometer for noise measurements.
- The upper test section is dedicated to higher speed tests in full scale sport like ski, cycling, motorbike, as far as for model testing in aeronautic or other industrial sectors.
- The upper balance can be equipped with a support mast that can change pitch and yaw angles and allowing the measurement of aerodynamic coefficients of an aircraft model or part of.
- The upper test section is equipped with a TV studio with three Ultra HD (4k) TV cameras on the three axis x, y and z and a state-of-the art video console to show and record tests.
- The lower test section is dedicated to low speed tests on antivehicle, ship models, buildings.
- The lower balance has a built-in 360° rotation capability that allows to expose the model under test to different yaw angle.
- The lower test section is the biggest Atmospheric Boundary Layer wind tunnel in Italy.
AEROTUNNEL is equipped with various data acquisition systems to collect and record data acquired by its measurement devices.
The data acquisition during a test are managed by internal developed programs, that configure instruments, start acquisitions, show results in real time and store data.