AEROTUNNEL test facility and its core instrumentation has been entirely developed by AEROSTUDI team of engineers.
Therefore, AEROSTUDI is proud to provide its customers with its experience in designing and manufacturing wind tunnels and instrumentation based on client’s specifications.
AEROSTUDI can design manufacture and assembly turnkey wind tunnels facilities starting from scratch according to customer’s needs.
Open or closed configuration in vertical or horizontal loop can be designed and manufactured.
The dimensions can start from little test section for didactic purposes up to industrial scale.
Special designed test setups can be realized based on customer’s needs. For example, aerodynamic noise measurements with Bruel & Kjiear Phonometer and dedicated test bench for simulating air ducts behavior.
AEROSTUDI has internally designed and manufactured its six degrees of freedom force balances.
Now AEROSTUDI is willing to provide customers with its balances.
Our balances are placed under the wind tunnel; they can be designed, installed, calibrated and adapted to customer needs.
- We can adapt our balance design to existing wind tunnels facilities or design your wind tunnel around the balance.
- Our balances can be used under control of a fully computerized data acquisition and model attitude control.
- In case of testing that requires adjustable yaw angle, such as airships, ships, auto or motor vehicles, buildings, bridges, etc. our balances have a built-in rotation capability with continuously electronically controlled yaw angle from -360˚ to +360˚ in order to expose the model under test to wind conditions coming from any direction.
- Continuously electronically controlled and adjustable pitch angle mast is also available with different strokes, so that any device that requires this capability, like airplanes, wings, heads, etc. could be easily tested.
- The precision of our balances is less then 1 ‰ of FS.
- The sensitivity on X and Y axes is less than 0.01 ‰ of the Z load. It means that we can measure less than 5 g of drag force even with a 500 kg load on Z axis.
- Dimensions could go from Ø300 mm up to Ø4000 mm, with FS loads that go from 10 kg up to 10.000 kg.
Load Cells & Components
Internally developed force transducers are the core of AEROTUNNEL balances and force transducers. AEROSTUDI can hence provide strain-gauges based force transducers with precision better than 1 ‰ of full-scale also specially designed to meets customer’s demands.
AEROSTUDI has written tested and validated its wind tunnel testing management software, that gives the operator the possibility to carry out the test plan with few needs of manual inputs. The operator role is manly to oversee the test and its attention is devoted to detect possible anomalies at the early possible stage. Even the video acquisition and recording is software managed.